A New Start.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Start.

Post by Amelia Milloway on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:21 pm

"I'll take over for the night, Tom," Amelia called. "You go rest." She waved the old man away as she swept behind the counter, taking over the cleaning with ease. He gave her a tired smile, but listened to her nonetheless. She was grateful for this. Working the Leaky Cauldron alone gave her some solace. It had been years now since the war, but memories still weighed her. She had run away from Hogwarts in the middle of her seventh year. With Death Eaters in charge and torture being used for detention, it felt like a terrifying melodrama brought to life. Her father had tried to reassure her that his connections would keep her safe, but really what use was a shopkeeper to the Dark Lord? She shook her head. That was the past now. She had a steady job that wasn't in Knockturn Alley and occasionally got to see old classmates.

"Wonder who I'll run into tonight?"she mused aloud.
Amelia Milloway

Humor : I'm a boomerang. I take you get my drift?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Start.

Post by Tasha Greyback on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Amelia Milloway wrote:"I'll take over for the night, Tom," Amelia called. "You go rest." She waved the old man away as she swept behind the counter, taking over the cleaning with ease. He gave her a tired smile, but listened to her nonetheless. She was grateful for this. Working the Leaky Cauldron alone gave her some solace. It had been years now since the war, but memories still weighed her. She had run away from Hogwarts in the middle of her seventh year. With Death Eaters in charge and torture being used for detention, it felt like a terrifying melodrama brought to life. Her father had tried to reassure her that his connections would keep her safe, but really what use was a shopkeeper to the Dark Lord? She shook her head. That was the past now. She had a steady job that wasn't in Knockturn Alley and occasionally got to see old classmates.

"Wonder who I'll run into tonight?"she mused aloud.

Spoiler:
Sorry I haven't been able to re-sort you. Admin's want to do that and I can't change your rank as moderator. But I've contacted them. Just haven't heard back yet

Tasha Greyback was in Diagon Alley. After the war she had kind of fled the scene. Fenrir her father had been killed and the witch was looked at with much suspicion. After all she'd been a Slytherin, a Death Eater and the daughter of the infamous werewolf. She wasn't a werewolf like her father. Not really. She had wolf blood in her but it hadn't taken affect on her. As she walked through the Alley witches and wizards glared at her. She hadn't been taken to Azkaban as the Dark Lord had her on a secret mission during the actual war and she hadn't killed anyone during the battle. So she was free but there was still raised suspicions.

As she walked into The Leaky Cauldron she noticed a girl she used to see at Hogwarts on occasion bar-tending.  "Milloway is that you?" she asked. She wasn't being sharp or cold. Just curious. "I'll have a butterbeer," she added taking a seat at the bar.
Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Amelia looked up at the sudden call of her name as the girl came in and sat. A half grin managed to find its way on her face. "Tasha Greyback?" She stopped her cleaning and straightened up. "Long time, no see," she said. She had rarely seen Tasha at school having been in her own world for the most part, but she knew of her. Amelia recalled what some of the Gryffindors had said about the daughter of Fenrir Greyback. She had thought them to be full of dungbombs and still did for the most part. A person's parent didn't make the person.

She grabbed down a butterbeer and poured it into a recently cleaned mug. "What brings you around here? Thought you might've left London all together." She winced at how that must have sounded. "I didn't mean that in a bad way..."
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Greyback on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Tasha smirked as the girl gave her a half grin. She did on occasion get those from some people but most hated her. As Amelia said her name Tasha let out a chuckle. "Haven't heard my name in a while. Most don't speak to me," she mused. "Yes I'd say so. You left before school ended. Kind of wish I had been allowed but my father needed me in the school," she shrugged and tried not to mention the Dark Lord needed her.

As Amelia asked why she was around Tasha almost felt like cackling. "I had left London for a while. Everyone here hates me. Mostly for who my father was, but partly for getting a Dark Mark on my 17th birthday. My father was proud. Both him and my mother had been followers," she shrugged. "It's fine. I never really take anything in offence even when it is meant. I'm psychotic that way," she laughed. An actual honest laugh. "I just felt like coming back to London. Lucius Malfoy offered me a room in his manor until I can get a proper job and afford to live on my own. He knew my parents. What are you doing at The Leaky Cauldron serving butterbeer?" she replied and continued with asking as Amelia handed her the clean mug of butterbeer. She smiled politely putting the money down on the table for her.
Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 pm

She scoffed at the comment. "People don't know how to let the past go," she said bluntly. "I'd like to tell you I can sympathize, but my father would probably relate." Not that Amelia could really say. She hadn't spoken to her father since she had run. "He tried to keep me at Hogwarts. He thought that it would be beneficial for me to endear myself to anyone and everyone that worked under Voldemort." She laughed derisively. Whether it was then or now, Amelia had no stomach for her father's ideas of business.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise. "You went all the way?" she asked. Amelia tried to hide the disapproval in her voice. It wasn't her place to approve or otherwise what decisions Sasha had made. She shook her head and tried to play it off with a shrug. "Wonder if mine would have been proud of me had I done the same. I digress...nice of Lucius to let you stay." Curiosity took her mouth before she could stop it. "My father knew him too. Did yours know mine by any chance?" She stopped cleaning for the moment and snagged the stool she kept behind the bar. "Honestly? I didn't think I could get better. It's peaceful here. I get to go stop by Weasley's Wizard's Wheezes. I used to- still do- admire George and his brother. People think I'm silly when I talk about how brave their shop was." A genuine chuckle sounded from Amelia. "So where do you plan on looking for work?"
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Greyback on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:38 am

Tasha watched as Amelia scoffed at her comment.  “Well that and they blame the evil for ruining the world,” she agreed.  “Well your father was a follower. He would be someone that people would look at like me,” she shrugged indifferent to the whole matter.  “I couldn’t leave Hogwarts even if I wanted too. As long as Malfoy was there.  He needed me.  He just didn’t know that I had his back.  I wasn’t his girlfriend as he said at one point.  I’m his cousin.  With what Voldemort had in mind for him…  I mean the Dark Lord,” she paled even at her fear of messing up even though he was gone.  She took a sip of her Butterbeer trying to calm down.

“Of course I went all the way.  I hadn’t a choice.  I was just lucky it wasn’t at sixteen like Draco. I mean both my parents were followers.  Bellatrix…. She was never a real mother, but she would have raised me to fight and kill like her had she been around during my childhood.  A Death Eater raised me. Taught me all she and my father couldn’t. Fenrir was a werewolf. He’d of turned me if he was raising me.   Instead I got told I’d be killed if I didn’t get my mark,” she said talking of her childhood with a sigh. “He may have been proud. He wanted it for you,” she shrugged.  She watched Amelia for a moment before taking another sip of her Butterbeer. “He’s always been kind to me. Kinder than I ever thought he would be,” she said. “He probably knew your father. He didn’t really talk about everyone when I saw him as I got older,” she said. She watched Amelia stop cleaning and smiled as she snagged a stool from under the bar. “It really is peaceful here. When I’m not getting glared at,” she laughed. “Never was allowed to go in. Heard it’s fun though,” she said softly.  “Work? I’m not sure where I could get it honestly. Perhaps the Ministry has something. Have you heard of anyone hiring?” she asked.
Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:40 am

"You know, I don't think he ever got the mark,"she said absently. "He was loyal, though. I don't know how my mum managed to ignore it." She traced the swirled patterns on the wood bar. A pang of jealousy hit her. She regretted one thing about Hogwarts and it was her lack of friends. "Maybe if I'd had a few more friends I might have found the guts to stay. I was a coward though. Some Gryffindor, eh?" A soon as Tasha's face paled, Amelia brought over the bottle and offered a refill. The name was about the only thing that didn't scare Amelia anymore.

A frown creased her face as she imagined what that kind of childhood might have been like. "Seems you made your best choice then," she said. "Stuck between a rock and a hard place..." It still astounded her that anyone could treat a kid like that. She stood abruptly and started sweeping to calm her mind, pointing her wand at the fireplace as she passed it. A cheery fire sprang quickly to life. "Maybe Flourish and Blotts. Gringotts could always need a new breaker." She looked around the bar. "You could ask Tom about working here. I'm surprised the old man is still around, honestly."
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Greyback on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:20 pm

"Who? Your father?" she asked curiously on the comment about the mark. "She may not have ignored it. She might not have needed to give the choice. She was just a woman to most of those men," she shrugged. She looked at her sadly. "Friends helped me survive at Hogwarts. Would have been better. I would have been your friend if you weren't a Gryffindor. House rival and all," she chuckled. Tasha gladly took the refill as she drained her glass and smiled.

"Well at the time I would have given anything to follow him. And he asked to see me a few times without either of my parents. It had made my mother envious I caught his eye as she put it," she said. She watched Amelia stand up and start sweeping and drank from her glass. "Well it has to be somewhere I can be in the back if anything. I mean most wizards still look at me with hate. But Flourish and Blotts might do. I love books. Madam Malkin's refused to hire me. It was about how she needed good people who could help," she said

____________________________________________________________________________________
Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:23 pm

"Yeah, him," she confirmed. "He was so caught up in being a bigshot. Maybe that's why mum didn't care. She worked in the ministry. Wanted to be a someone important there too." A grimace passed over her face at the memories. She laughed at the mention of house rivalry. "Yeah, yeah," she waved her hand at it. "Slytherins and Gryffindors couldn't be friends. Meh, there was one girl...what was her name? Started with a P. She helped me look for my dog in the forest. She was a Slytherin. I think the rivalry could have been broken had any of us bothered."

She stopped and leaned against the broom. "Ha! You're the daughter my dad dreamed of!" she laughed. Despite her laughter the sentence hurt her. She brushed it off and used the thought instead. "If Flourish doesn't work my father has straightened up. He still has his shop open in Knockturn Alley." She shrugged. "If anything, I could help you look. I'm off tomorrow. I'm supposed to go find a new place to stay, but that doesn't take long." She stopped sweeping and went back around the counter to grab down a bottle of firewhiskey. Her stomach roiled at the thought of possibly seeing her father for the first time in several years, but it was going to happen sooner or later.
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Greyback on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:50 pm

"All Death Eaters were so caught up in the power. Ministry too held such authority," she shrugged. She laughed hearing about the help with the dog. "That was Pansy wasn't it? She was... interesting.. for sure," she chuckled. "It could have been but Slytherins hated your house," she laughed.

"Well than your dad would have been proud had it been you in my place," she said. "But I'm sure he loved you," she added. She smiled. "Where does your dad work? I mean what's his shop?" she asked curiously. She took a big drink of her Butterbeer. "I'd appreciate the help. Besides being with you might help the fact of who I am," she chuckled. She watched Amelia grab a firewhiskey and smirked. "Seeing your father again. Well I wonder how he'd react seeing me. Since everything with the war... I didn't fight in the battle. Some of the followers who are still around thought I was a traitor at first. I basically reappeared right before Draco rejoined the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord... fought Potter and even than I just watched my mother perish... And my father... Well I haven't seen him," she said

____________________________________________________________________________________
Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Amelia nodded in agreement. Power was tempting and easy to grab for some. She poured her glass of whiskey. "Parkinson. Yeah, that was her name," she said. "Dog's long gone now. But I think that day showed me that not all Slytherins were bad or jerks." The drink burned as she shot it. "Oddly enough, though, being in Gryffindor freed me some. I had gone in believing i would be in Slytherin and that I was going to follow in my dad's path."

"If he loved me it would have been nice to have confirmation." She offered the bottle to Tasha. "His shop is sort of a hodgepodge. He sells books, artifacts, heirlooms and whatever he can find as well as buying so long as he can make a profit. I'll be honest, he claims his shop is clean nowadays, but I've only talked to him through the occasional owl post." She stretched and looked around the empty pub. "No, I don't fancy seeing him again, but we can always go see if he's open. Stop by Flourish and Blotts on the way. This place will be okay for half an hour or so. If he's there, he would probably welcome the surprise visit. Unless you have other things to do, then I understand of course."
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Greyback on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Tasha watched Amelia again as she drained her mug. "Well not all of us were bad but most were," she laughed. "If I made Gryffindor I'd of been a goner," she said.

"Not all Death Eaters or followers were allowed to show love. It was a vulnerability and a weakness," she explained and took the bottle pouring some in her glass appreciatively. She drank a shot and passed the bottle back. "So dark artifacts I guess," she murmured. "No I'd love it. It would give me a chance to walk around and if you're there I won't get so many glares. You're a pureblood after all. Good for my safety," she chuckled

Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Milloway on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Amelia cleaned the glasses and stowed the bottles away for future uses. "Well, school's over and done," she said. "We can move on from it as we please."

"Let me lock the front doors up for the moment. If anyone really needs in, they can use the Floo." She waved her wand at the front door and it clicked audibly. "If anything, Tom will probably come back and take over." After checking that everything was indeed secured, she led the way to the rear door, casting a quick patronus that darted away fast. "I figure I had better let him know I'm stopping by."
Amelia Milloway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE END OF PART ONE

Post by Tasha Greyback on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:34 am

"Well that would be a thing of wonder. The wonder years they were. We can just make new memories now," she said with a smile.

Tasha got up and followed Amelia out. "That would be wise. He may want to come back if you're closing up for a bit," she agreed as they walked out the rear door. As Amelia closed up Tasha looked in the direction of Knockturn Alley and started walking over with Amelia.

Tasha Greyback
Slytherin
Slytherin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top