Ministry of Mischief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have no conception of time

Go down

I have no conception of time Empty I have no conception of time

Post by Damien Mathieu's Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Damien. Oh Damien. What are you even doing. Why are you even up at this hour?! Damien thought as he paced through Slytherin Common Room. He had no idea why he was up or what he was going to do since he was up. He just paced with a blank look on his face. It was quite late in the evening and most students were asleep.

When he finally cleared his head he took a seat. He was just about to grab his book off the table that he had tossed down when he was bored of it. Darkness flew in and landed on his arm. He lifted the letter out of his owl's mouth and fished for an owl treat. The fifth year found one and handed it to his owl and ripped open the letter. He didn't often get owls and he never corresponded with his family. He despised them to the bitter end. Especially his twin brother and his father. He read the letter and nearly laughed out loud bitterly. It was another one of his mother's desperate letters trying to get him to reconcile with his brother and his father. But he wouldn't do that. He wanted nothing to do with them. He'd even gone as far as approaching Snape and asking him if there was a way he could leave his family at fifteen. But he hadn't stayed after he asked. He'd dashed down the hall realizing he was late for his next class. But he wasn't exactly expecting anyone to walk through the door at that hour. Not even any student who might have heard what Damien asked and decided to come see him. Not even a student who was just wide awake. He didn't expect a single person.

He was still looking down at his letter when he heard footsteps. He quickly closed the letter and looked up.
Damien Mathieu's
Damien Mathieu's
Slytherin
Slytherin

Humor : Look at me now

Back to top Go down

I have no conception of time Empty Re: I have no conception of time

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:25 am

Her eyes. It was certainly her eyes that drew him to her the most. Those beautiful red locks that caress her perfectly designed face. She was beautiful, beyond anyone could comprehend yet in the end, she was never his to begin with.

Within his quarters, Severus had indeed thought idly about the things that have been going on throughout his years. Most especially now. There was a grave task ahead of him and to be quite frank he was reluctant of doing it. Killing Albus. The man he trusted his life to asked him just a few hours ago to take his own life should Draco fail to accomplish what the Dark Lord has asked him to do. The burden was heavy, and he knew what this action would bring yet the old man wished it to happen.

Outside his quarters he was known to be a ruthless man, rumored to be a follower of Voldemort. Even people from the order questioned where his true loyalties were; why wouldn't they when they had every reason to. Yet he knew where he stood, and he knew for who he was fighting for so all those talking about him mattered little to the eyes of this man.

He was on his bed, contemplating, yet reminiscing about his beautiful Lily. Memories flashing from when they were kids, where he met Lily's sister and how they used to talk so nonchalantly. He missed her. He loved her and truth be told when it came down to everything, he was risking his life just for her.

Severus sighed as he got up from his bed, (Yes, well he does sleep.) getting up quickly as he went out of his quarters and headed for the common room. He still had his role as a Professor to fill after all. When he reached there, he was but surprised to see one student awake at this hour.

"Mister Mathieu's, perhaps it would be wise for you to head to your dormitory before I reluctantly deduct points from this house?" He drawled as his mask of indifference was placed on his features once more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Mathieu's Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 am

As the feet echoed on the ground he looked to see the billowing cloak walking towards him. He looked up into the face of his head of house and bowed his head curtly. He respected the Professor. And he believed he should have the job he wanted to have.

"Yes sir," he said slowly standing to look at the man in front of him. His mind drifted back to his family as he pocketed his letter. He threw his owl a treat and looked closely at his head of house.

"Professor Snape. I wondered whether while you're here if I could talk to you. I all, but ran to get to my class earlier and I didn't even give you a chance to reply," he said looking up at him seriously now. He didn't know if this talk was better left for an office or out in the open. He didn't really mind if anyone heard him. It wasn't a big secret that he didn't get along well with people. Not a lot of people knew about his family life.
Damien Mathieu's
Damien Mathieu's
Slytherin
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 am

Snape supposed it wasn't unusual for students to be up at this time. Judging how everyone just seemed to be in utter chaos just like himself, he understood this the whole time. Yet, he never showed it. He had always been considered as the cold heartless man students grew to fear and somehow this just managed to make things a lot easier on his behalf.

The professor raised an eyebrow as Damien wanted to discuss a matter to him, "I don't have much time on my hands considering it is late, Mathieu's. Speak away and I may address your matters." He said plainly as his eyes continued to linger on the boy. It was unusual for a student to talk about a personal matter to him, well, personally so he gave the lad that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Mathieu's Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Damien was nervous. He knew the way most students viewed Snape. But he'd never exactly feared him. He respected him more than anything. And so he stood in front of the Professor with a look of composure. He was relaxed more than anything else because he felt he had nothing to fear.

"Yes Professor Snape," he replied and than looked down for a moment. "I'm not getting along with my family and I wondered if you knew if there was a way I could be separated from my family Professor or if you knew of someone I could speak too," he said looking up. "I only address this to you because you're the head of my house and I can't stand living with my family," he added. He wasn't sure what he would say or if he would even say anything at all about the matter.
Damien Mathieu's
Damien Mathieu's
Slytherin
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Severus looked uninterested regarding the topic although he really was listening. His eyes bored onto the lad as he looked on. He could care less about a student's problem right now truth be told and that was just because everything seemed too petty for him; considering what he was about to do soon.

The man knew a lot about his students, as unexpected as that statement sound. He knew their family status and of course Matheiu's' predicament was also something he knew as well. Yet when the boy requested something as such he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "Matheiu's, I am well aware that I am the head of this house but what you are asking me should not be addressed to me, but of someone higher than myself. As the head of this house I would advise you to listen carefully of what you are saying." He stated rather bluntly as he crossed his arms.

Sometimes his temper could just get the better of him. He too was a man of poor history when it came to family and he was actually better off this way. The boy just needed more--how should we say, guts, to face adversities.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Mathieu's Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:32 am

Damien noticed how uninterested he seemed and sighed a bit. He didn't know if he was listening. He seemed like he just didn't care. And Damien wasn't surprised. Not really. But he payed attention in case he had words of advice.

Damien knew head's of houses knew more about the families than was told. It was like they watched families from afar. He saw Professor Snape's raised eyebrow and he only simply shrugged as he heard his words. "Yes Professor Snape. So I should go to Professor Dumbledore if it gets even worse than this you mean?" he asked of Professor Snape. He could see the annoyance and he wondered if it was more that he was tired or more that he couldn't stand his students.

Spoiler:
Damien Mathieu's
Damien Mathieu's
Slytherin
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down