Ministry of Mischief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What madness is this?

Go down

What madness is this? Empty What madness is this?

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 9:37 pm

A local cafe outside the magical side of London with Caleb sounded pretty gay for one Israel Sloan. It was a Saturday night and wherein most days he found solitude in local disco bars or pubs tonight was unfortunately a break from all that.  Sloan let out a small puff as he scornfully looked at Caleb, his eyes narrowed as he let out a small sigh. "You know this may only be the only time of the week we can let loose without having to worry about our students, right? We should go to a pub right after this."

It wasn't that Caleb was restricting him from going to a pub, but he just wanted to go to a cafe, and Sloan can't say no to a friend. Students? Well, from his past experience with the female population it's safe to say he can't say no either but that was different. It was all about sex, until word spread around thanks to that Lyonheart girl, but all is forgiven as long as he didn't have to see that girl's face once again. Otherwise all those therapy sessions with Caleb would be useless.

As they approached the cafe, Sloan took a seat and let out a sigh of relief as there was also a bar, quickly getting up and looking over his shoulder, "Havill, would you like a drink? I don't know about you, but I'm getting one for myself."

Back to top Go down

What madness is this? Empty Re: What madness is this?

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Caleb definately liked his relaxation days. He enjoyed waiting in a cafe against french music, tapestries of soliel emotions against his neck as the sun faded down to sleep. he enjoyed how as the natural light of the sun dissolved, twinkling lights of traffic and cars and fairylights strung against shop windows would illuminate against the guiltless night sky. He was the type to love small things in life. You could say that Caleb was by far, very different from a person such as Sloan who was the life and soul of a party. You really could say that, but you couldn't deny that the two fitted eachothers personalities like two spoons in a country-barn cutlery drawer.

The man across from him remarked at Caleb, spitting out a long supressed drone. It caused Caleb to laugh, a hearty and course grimace. "You have to lighten up my friend. Cafes can be fun too. You just have to wait for the right moment. And anyway, cafes serve alcohol. Right?" Patting his co-worker on the shoulder, Caleb staggered in, breathing in the aroma of coffee beans and herbal tea. The scene was great, he could feel it ripple against him, such a quiet nice dec- hold on.

The professor stautered to his left, his eyes widening. Oh no. He stumbled forwards, successfully grabbing onto Sloan's jacket in progress. "Oi, mate. 5 o'clock. By the window." He wasn't liking it. There was a certain someone, accompanied by some blonde haired slut. This mightn't be good. Not at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm

It was an easy pick for Sloan when it came to drinks, just give him a good old whiskey on the rocks and he'd be sweet. A smirk was evident on the man's lips as he felt his colleague tap him on the back. "Yes but do Cafe's have what clubs have to offer? Women? Good music? I'm not saying your choice of music sucks balls but--oh who am I kidding Havill, your taste in music is absolutely dreadful and if I must say, a pain to my eardrums." He was joking of course, but Caleb would have already known that by now.

He wasn't looking at Caleb as he said this, and it was a good thing too; he was not able to notice him looking around the Cafe nor did he notice that mild look of panic in his colleague's features. This was Sloan, he wanted a drink just to at least make the most of this wee trip and what better way to make this worthwhile than a glass of good ole alcohol?

"Can I get a Glenfiddich on the rocks?" He narrowed his eyes as he inspected the bar and let out a small nod, he can give that drink a wee try. How bad could it be when most whiskeys tasted the same? He was just about to pay when he felt a sharp tug on his jacket, instantly making him turn to Caleb. If he needed a drink that bad all he had to do was ask.

He was about to say that very sentence but he was caught off-guard by his friend. "Have you gone mad? Five o'clock what are you on--" as he took a glance to where Caleb's eyes were directed at, he instantly felt himself stop everything, his mind going to a complete blank.

There she was, Havill's love doll, that bitch who almost threw his career off the line. The girl that made him almost change his full identity to be able to get another job, the lass that almost made him lose everything. Now, he really shouldn't be feeling any of this, he really shouldn't put all the blame on her when this wasn't her fault to begin with, it was his choices that made him be this way but nonetheless he was still holding a grudge for this girl--and what's this? A blonde that accompanied her? Oh how he knew that blonde anywhere, even if she changed her hair color, she was still that same lass he tried hitting on not too long ago.

Sloan pursed his lips and looked at Havill, if looks could kill then his colleague would have been fried by now. "I told you we should have gone to the bloody clubs. How on earth did that wench get here anyway? Did you have anything to do with this Havill?" Suspicion was in his eyes. Here comes trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Fri May 13, 2011 12:26 am

Sigh. It felt good to be back at this very cafe. She had only been here once but what made it memorable was it's vibe, and frankly speaking the bartender made pretty awesome mixes for very low prices, thank goodness this guy was Marty's cousin. Connections had been something she had been counting on since the start of her life of independence, and since she didn't have any at the start, she made some during that very precious journey.

Immoral as her life was, she was glad that she was able to share it with someone else, Ollie. She might not have been able to actually relate to her situation, and by the gods Liz was thankful she would not have to experience such turmoil in her life, but she was just happy Liv was there the whole time to listen, and to be there for her.

It was only a few days ago when they had the talk by the Cafe in Knockturn and here they were now, at yet another Cafe for wizards and witches alike, just enjoying eachother's company. Oddly enough, acting like regular teenagers. "Do you honestly think I'd believe Flint shagged Pansy by the abandoned toilets without being caught by any house prefect? Bollocks! I bet my arse the two had either not gone through any of that at all OR they bribed the prefect. Seriously though, even the thought of Pansy and Flint making out gets me disgusted. Its like merging a horse to a small toy pug." A little chuckle escaped her lips before she saw the door opening and to her distaste, those men that got inside were men he knew.

They weren't her customers, they were her PROFESSORS. One of them she didn't really care about even the slightest bit, yet the other however was a different story. Professor Caleb. The lass blinked as she slowly dropped down her teacup, as though she was in a trance, seemingly mesmerized, ah teenagers and their hormones. She quickly shook her head and leaned on the table, "Ollie, Professor Havill and Mister I-pissed-my-pants are by the bar." She muttered lightly and was caught off-guard when she saw Caleb looking directly at her--then Sloan.

A light smirk emerged from her lips as she lifted her hand up, daintily waving towards the two Professors trying to look cocky just to get on Professor big mouth's nerves but at the same time trying to act civil and innocent. As if this night wasn't going to get any better.

This would be fun.

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Humor : SITE OWNER.

https://ministryofmischief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am

Olivia missed her hair, she had to admit. Blonde didn’t particularly eyebrow ‘Marriot’ nor did it outline ‘Olivia’. Honestly it was all an impulsive act against the tyrannical forces of her father who had called her a little slut after witnessing a rather humid scene whilst visiting Hogsmeade. Whoever said that Boarding school was the best place to cover mistakes seriously hadn’t been a wizard. She could remember vividly; storming out again, chucking her black spiked heels at a passer-by and then growling in rage.

Olivia was a lot of things. She was a bitch and a snob. But she was never a slut. She’d never sell her body or take advantage of her sexuality to gain a guy. Sure, she had been kissing someone, but the two had been seeing each other for two weeks and anyway, it didn’t matter not; her father had punched the poor kid.

The photographs of her running to Diagon and into the apothecary, purchasing dye and taking the train to Pansy’s house for the night was still flashing like fairy lights in her mind. Pansy of course, had been thrilled. Olivia, way too fucking pissed. It wasn’t until a few days later did she regret the whole ‘permanent dye’ part.

Absently picking at a slice of hair, Olivia looked up from her drink. Only because of Liz’s connections could she chip herself some firewhiskey. Plus, had put enough eye make-up to appear seventeen. Her blonde hair also helped considerably. Maybe she really had become a slut. That was her intention anyway, to prove to her dad that she could be fucking worse. For the past few hours, the girl had been discussing rumours and dating mills towards her friend. Hogwarts was high on drama, and you needed the full story to call yourself a Slytherin.

“I didn’t believe it too. But it’s Pansy. And you know how she doesn’t get enough from Draco. Oh you know I bet this is so that Draco gets the jealousy bites. I bet it is. Don’t you see? With all the time he’s looking at Daphne Greengrass and shit, Pansy must have felt some competition.” Olivia declared back, taking a swig of her drink. “And anyway, Flint’s older brother is a prefect. He wouldn’t care.”

Finishing her statement with another swig, the girl hiccupped lightly, before turning back to liz. “By the way, I overheard my parents talk about my future husband. They said I was more likely to marry a muggle if I could choose, so they said I might have to go off with some French pureblood. That or the Dolohov kid that’s already graduated. Which is like, so wrong. And plus, he’s like twenty-five so that’s totally gross. How about you? Or wait do you still live with your parents?”

It was good to talk to someone who had a piece of mind. All she got out from Pansy was about beauty tips, which wasn’t bad; but wasn’t too thrilling either. Sighing, the girl twirled her honey hair around a thin finger. The effect of alcohol had seemed to be slipping in for she felt drained, yet also so hyper, like she had just run a fifty-mile run but wanted more. God, life was weird.

“Wait, Liz who’s Mr I piss-ooooh…” Olivia glanced up from the table, noticing two men. Both very familiar. Great. Liz’s weakness and what she was beginning to worry was her weakness. Not Caleb, no. He was gay or something; she swore. But Sloan. Fucking teacher. There was a tendency that whoever would flirt or hit on her, she’d find herself falling rather heavily for them. Truth be told, Olivia just wanted to feel loved. (:DDDD)

“Fun, fun, fun. So excited.” Olivia sang dangerously whispered, like a ghost at Liz, her face cracking a smile. Nudging Lizzie with the toe of her black boots, she raised an eyebrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Huffing lightly, the man blew a shade of nutmeg curtains against his slightly damp forehead. "Yeah well... Doesn't matter anyway, they could get into any pubs they wanted." Eyes gazed at the two girls, their complexion so different. Haughty, yes; but Olivia he knew was outspoken and loud and brash and cynical and arrogant and she was a match for a fool but Elizabeth, whilst she had a wild side; she was also a considerate girl. Her hair was black again, streaked with dashes of orange against the lamps in the room. They were like always, coiled and waved, hanging in pretty strands around her porcelain heart shaped face, bottle green eyes that sparked a sense of fire in a rain.

No, he wanted her in a rainstorm; he wanted her like an orange too diluted to be a lime. He wanted her like in those romance novels he sometimes read. He wanted her to be older so he wouldn’t give a damn and he wanted her to be less perfect because he never found pretty flawless girls any fun. But even then, Liz was Liz and she was someone he wanted. Sloan wouldn’t do as much as throw a hand against a teenager’s mouth and drag them off into a hotel. Caleb didn’t do that; he never would.

By now, the blonde girl was obvious; it was Olivia. He raised an eyebrow. He had never expected a girl so… brooding and bitter to go blonde. It suited, but it was definitely different. He wasn’t sure if it was something he quite liked or not. Caleb dragged his gaze from the girls, and back to Sloan’s menacing eyes. “Hell no. Why would I? I’ve been trying to forget everything since last year. Jesus. Did you?” Raising an eyebrow in suspicion, Caleb frowned lightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

"I don't think you're thinking straight." Sloan stated as he shakily took the glass the bartender offered him as he looked back towards his students. well in one case the other USED to be one of his students. The very student who had caused Sloan a little bit of trouble within the school grounds. "They're kids--still at their puberty stage and they should not even be around pubs till at least they're eighteen. You're judgement's probably clouded at the moment due to that wench." He said the last bit in a hushed tone and a smirk.

Oh if Havill was capable of hearing his thoughts, it would have made him punch Sloan in the face, or verbally slap him pretty much. He was a bloody hypocrite. The only reason why he didn't decide to march up to his former student's face and verbally assault her was not for his friend's sake--more of it was for someone else.

Olivia Marriot. One of Sloan's former conquests that didn't exactly go too well. As cliche as this sounded, in Sloan's perspective Olivia never seemed like one of those students he had encountered, hell no. In short-she seemed different than the rest of them. Well yes there were times Sloan tried to get what he wanted with other students BUT didn't get any but this wasn't one of those cases. He had FELT something in such a short period of time--with his student and she barely did anything and that was one thing that he couldn't exactly justify.

Sloan lost his train of thought as he saw the two girls acknowledging their presence. Oh this is bloody brilliant. He would have been amused by the situation should these student had been different people. but noooo it had to be Havill's object of affection, whom he despised to a point and the student he had done a lot of thinking about. He turned his attention to Caleb and rolled his eyes, "I hate that girl's guts. why would I want anything to do with her in the first place?"

Something was definitely going on with Havill for the past few days, sure he was just like himself most of the time but there were times where he seemed too out of it for Sloan's liking. There were also periods wherein he goes to the guy's office but only then to realize he had been gone with out him. He had been trying to dismiss it, but the behavior just seemed too unusual. Oh well.

Looking back at the girls he can't help but grit his teeth as he saw Elizabeth's smirk. "I just want to take that smirk off her face. I'll finish this drink then we're leaving." He stated as he looked at the glass full of whiskey.

He didn't really want to leave--and Havill would have probably figured that out too. If he knew him well enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

"I don't think Sloan's not too happy to see me." The smug look only grew wider on the girl's face as she saw how the man handled himself by the bar. A bit comical, that one. He seemed intimidated by their actions, either that or he was refraining himself from strangling her right there on the spot. Well good luck on that.

Elizabeth turned to Olivia and blinked, truth be told she still wasn't used to her friend being blonde. It was quite a peculiar sight to behold. It suited her yes, and she didn't exactly change as personalities were concerned but oh well, what ever her friend does to her hair is well--up to her really. "Tell me that you didn't hit on him while I wasn't around in school?" The girl murmured as she kept her gaze at Sloan and that just wasn't because she wanted to tick him off.

Heaven's no. As much as she wanted to make fun of the guy there was another thing that made her glue her gaze to the impossibly boring man right in front of her. There was a feeling of discomfort if she even thought about looking at the man beside Sloan. Professor Caleb Havill. The man that made her decide that she really did need to go back to school. He had a way of persuading Elizabeth to do such and it wasn't necessarily a bad thing; he said he'd take care of her and that's something she gave a benefit of the doubt--but hey, why not see how things go? This seemed rather interesting by the minute that passed anyway--but thing was, Elizabeth felt for Havill in ways she never intended to. Feelings that should not have been registered even when she was back in Hogwarts. He was her Professor and she was his student. To harvest such feelings were almost considered taboo. Sure her clients from that time when she was 'working' were men even older than Havill was now, but that was just that--work. It wasn't even serious to begin with.

Lost in thought, the lass absentmindedly slightly turned her head to Caleb, and that just stopped her thinking yet again. He was looking right back at her--shit. No good.

The lass quickly turned her attention back to Olivia, feeling a bit warm on her cheeks as she took the cup filled with what people thought was tea, but it was actually a long island iced tea mix served in a fairly large-sized tea pot. "Er..Uhm.. Right so that wasn't awkward at all. It's like the bloody man was seeing right through me." Shaking her head a bit, she sculled the full cup and directly grabbed the tea pot, pouring yet another drink.

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Humor : SITE OWNER.

https://ministryofmischief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum